Monday, July 03, 2006

Obviously I am not good at prognostication.

One for Four. That's it. A monkey could have done better than I did in picking the teams to win in the WC quarterfinals. Despite my lack of success in picking the knockout winners I am still going to give my picks. Drumroll...France v. Germany in the finals...and let the invasion jokes begin.

I like an in form France over Portugal. Zizou won't let his team lose and the experience will finally bring down the plucky Portuguese. I also will go with my heart and pick Germany over Italy despite the team's lack of success against Italy in the WC. Italy thinks it is a team of destiny because of its recent tribulations but Germany is the host nation and 80 million germans will carry this team to the finals.

Don't be surprised if Portugal faces Italy though because I obviously don't know what I am doing.

No comments: